August 09, 2012

A Fallen Fighter, A Rising Peacemaker.

Once bent on being the best;
  Forgetting concerns of all the rest.
Every man for himself, my pledge stood tall;
  Until the day, I beat you all.


Always a guy concerned about the future;
  Never happy, nor content, with whatever he could capture.
My image, my pride, my dignity;
  All but what I saw was priority.


But one fine day, a very magnificent day;
  Out on a bench admiring the feathers of a blue jay;
My Seiko ticked no more, hour hand at five;
  This opportunity I took, which was a break from life.
A figurative sign I saw beckoning;
  Something I saw necessary amid all that was happening.


Then I saw, the chains of depression;
  Strangling a youth so potent and innate.
With uncontrollable sadness and damnation;
  A fallen fighter, lost in ignorance and utter hate.


A period of isolation, my guilty conscience chose;
  A placebo for the terminal freak I had become.
Friends and family, all that were close;
  I felt lonely for all were mum.


From here I saw the value in the money;
  To win the war and see my victory;
Sacrificing a few battles few and far between;
  A small wager so I wouldn't seem too mean.


So here I start, trying to make ends meet;
  A self hired fixer tasked to do a huge feat;
A rising peacemaker, save me from condescension;
  So may we live together in good cohesion.




So for you reading my lame poem here;
  I sincerely apologise for everything, my dear.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment