July 02, 2012

catchup ketchup

School is back on. Time is such an essence. Dear humans, please forgive me if I fall out with a long hiatus. Inevitable, unforeseen and inconvenient. Patik minta maaf seribu ribu maaf.

Anyway, let's just put into perspective what's coming up in the next few days. I've got school, lots of school, even more hafalan, a huge huge huge exam to get an aggregate of 15 or less and to top things off, a debate competition to win. I'm not exactly looking forward to either, but if I'm gonna face them anyway then screw it let's go for broke.

School is almost unnecessary now. Ironic, since I've got Prelims and STE in less than a few weeks. Right now a few hours of school are clocked in for normal lessons, which is perfectly fine. But another chunk of school hours is reserved for alledged 'hafalan sessions'. An academic teacher would come in, babysit us as we hafal. This is also really nice. What isn't, is when other, more O-Level-centric students (or they're just really really fucking stupid) decide STE isn't important and slack off, distracting greatly other students trying to make a name for themselves in this exam. Something needs to be done. I can't go around shushing everyones' asses every now and then.


Debateeeeee. Everything seems to be about debate nowadays. And I've somehow managed to land myself in this sea of debatery as well. I, along with a bunch of geniuses will be gunning for victory in a debate competition contested by other youth Muslim bodies. Honestly, I don't know why I'm doing this. Firstly, we're first timers, damn we're underage even (it's a 16-25 years old range). Secondly, I don't know what I'm debating for. The competition is so vague I don't what I'll win. Thirdly, I feel insignificant around my debate team. I'm debating with top-10 material against adolescents with drivers' licenses studying for degrees and diplomas. But hey, I love the English Language. I love arguing (which is sorta redneck debating right) and I'm doing it with my buddies so hey let's just go for it and gain some experience. I really really wanna win, cause losing is not worth it. Not after sacrificing countless hours on this thing when I could be studying.


I'll be honest, I've kinda managed to know better my team through preparation and we've kinda started to really know each other inside out and for me, it's been a really nice experience(despite my obvious inferiority in terms of grades). One I wouldn't wanna forget.


I'm debating for you guys.




I think sometimes I just don't try to be happy enough and have a more positive outlook in my life.


I should change.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment