July 29, 2012

Respect. Or lack thereof.



I think what today's dwellers lack is precisely put, respect. A lack of what I'd call second-level thinking, meaning to think of how other people perceive you. It's driving me up the wall, to some extent.

The way I see it, everyone is too occupied with being the top dog, the best of this, the best of that, that they tend to do whatever it takes to get there, even if it means being a rude piece of garbage. Personally for me, when people are nice, there's only three ways to look at it:

-A really honestly nice person, I appreciate what you're doing :)

-Just another shrimp sucking up to people who are gonna ruin you.

-Are you high.

Sometimes it's almost disgusting how being rude is the new way to go for these people. Peer pressure leads you to belittle the friends you see ''irrelevant'' and drop the ''good boy image'' now seen as two-faced and pretty BS. Some see it as cool, a way to mix and have fun. And then again some of them are just high.

For me, I generally keep to myself and I guess I'm just generally nice. Partly cause I have to as a caretaker of 34 students. Turning my back on even one of my friends wouldn't be pretty. My lack of interaction won't let others judge me with much accuracy though.

And I like that.

Because some are just oh so fucking rude that a smack in the face would only be an appetizer to the sledgehammer I'd ram up their asses. I don't know anymore; some of these genuinely nice people even tend to use the rude way to do their bidding.

 Just goes to show the smart people and the intelligent people aren't the same.

For me, respect is something I value and practice. Everyone who practices respect, deserves respect. If you infer that I don't respect the ones that do lack the necessary hormat, then bullseye you're right.

 If everyone works their asses off for money to give to other people, why'd you give the money to people who don't?

I'm not one to give advice.

 I'm one to take your bullshit and shove it up your ass.

So start respecting or so help me I will give you a piece of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment