September 13, 2014

Where is my son?



Let me tell you a story in the form of a dream,
I don't know why I have to tell it but I know what it means,
Close your eyes, just picture the scene, as I paint it for you,



It was summer '92 when an old man Johnson woke up,
John was just living life with the wife and kids,
Living the American, the Texan, the simpleton life,



Today is a very very special day,
Sure is, brother's finally coming home, I say,
United Airlines, business class, arrival in five,
Wanted to ask brother how he's managed to survive, 
It's been beyond three years since I really saw him last,
But alas!


Right there, breaking news,
Plane's just gone down, all hell breaks loose,
"UNITED AIRLINES  PLANE CRASHED REPORT JUST IN" ,
Pictures of parts all burnin' and smokin',


John fell right into his wooden chair,
Heart heavin' wife screamin' all weeping in despair,
Sons and brothers and friends all up in the air,



But deep down old John was an optimist,
Maybe, maybe, and just maybe,
A different UA is carrying my baby,
But all hope's lost when his pocket's vibrate,
Sudden realisation of life's cruel fate,
Phone screen sayin' flight 23's delayed,


Here he is thinkin' bout what he want,
Here I am wonderin' bout what's to come,
Here all he is just askin',
 Where is my son?










No comments:

Post a Comment