June 06, 2012

music appresh post anybody?

So it's 2am in the morning here in my country and I can't sleep so here's one to you guys on music n_n If the particular subject bores you, then by all means piss off but cut me some slack and keep reading okay?

Music is an art form whose medium is sound and silence. That's what Wikipedia says. For me, music is a way for me to shut out the world to experience a lapse from this world and enter one of fantasy and imagination that is music. While some people might go for a catnap, play a sport, or go to their parents(babies) for the same purpose, I just get to a comfortable corner and pop my earpieces in. It doesn't bother anybody, I am not bothered by anybody, everything is fine, no one gets hurt.

Musicians and artistes write songs and play notes as a form of expressing themselves, from what I see. This can be evident either in their way of music, or by the song lyrics and what they mean. In my eyes, this is all valid. Which means I don't have anything against any artistes(which should go the same for you guys toooo). I'm just biased to my rock. That's not wrong either. It's all a matter of opinion and influence.

My favourite artistes hmmm I listen to a ton of rock, from A7X to the Guns n Roses to Metallica and many many more. These bands are traditional slap-heavy distortion rockstars. These bunch I listen to pretty often. Then there are bands that are alledgedly undergoing a '''transition''' like Coldplay and Linkin Park and Radiohead. These bands I listen to a lawwt. What's actually happening is that instead of being lured by big money to change and make bad(shite really) music, these bands are evolving and exploring new ways to capture listeners. There's no old Coldplay or new LP or whatever. They're the same people with better music. If they kept churning out the same stuff year in year out then it wouldn't improve.


I appreciate music a lot cause it's helped me through some of my rough patches. They also capture memories and they become embedded with that song. It's also been a rope tying me to my buddies sometimes and we'd just chill and listen to our favourite tracks or just talk music in general. Basically, it's added a dimension of colour to my gray life and I am really happy for that. I hope you guys feel the same way too!

This is my appresh post for music and thank you for reading :3

(FYI this blog title comes from a song too^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment