January 25, 2014

Money doesn't talk, it just rules.

"You adult what? Pay adult fare lah haiya."

I must've missed the memo on Murphy's Law's Day. 

I was running late, I'd forgotten my daily allowance, and my last few coins were about to go into overpaying the bus fare. I didn't have the time to argue. My fingers groped in my wallet for spare change.

"Oi hurry up lah!" the bus driver barked at me.

It seems he isn't having the rosiest day either. Absolutely reasonable to lash out at his clientele, then. Frontline staff should know better. You're paid to properly accommodate customers, regardless of a bad day. Paid also to ensure a good commuter experience, also regardless of your psychological state of mind due to the proverbial menstrual cycle. So what manner of glue exactly, were you sniffing when....oh bother T.T

"Eh uncle, I got no change ah."

I was immediately shooed out. Profanityyy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in the day of a child traveling for the price of an adult in Singapore GOD

(Context: Tertiary institutions vary according to the transport fares their students need to pay. Students with textbooks sleep deprived eyes and uniforms and caffeine addictions studying for exams shall continue paying the student fare whereas polytechnic students, who apparently are adults who are too young to work yet too old to be considered students learn skills and knowledge that belong to the adult world, deserve the adult fare. So there's that for logic then)


No comments:

Post a Comment